Sunday, August 20, 2006

What Do I Know?

This has been a crazy weekend that's for sure. As I said before I was just gonna do some things around the house and leave it at that.

2pm Friday afternoon found me at the local hardware store for the second time that week. I was on a mission, I knew what I had to get and what I needed to do. I needed a hose, a spray nozzle that would give off enough pressure to clean the outside of the trailer, a bucket, a long handled scrubbing brush, some strong cleaner, and a weed wacker. I had gotten all but the weed wacker when my phone rang.

"Hey, whacha up to?" I smiled immediately at the sound of Lucky's voice.

"I'm looking for a weed wacker, I haven't trimmed the lawn in like forever.." Ever say something and as soon as you said it you knew it sounded weird? Yeah me too, all the time.

"Really? Interesting. And just what kind of weed wacker are we talking here?" The way she said it I knew she was taking this conversation in a completely different direction than the one I had meant.

"The kind you use to cut the weeds growing around my house." I really didn't want to have psuedo phone sex in the middle of the Lawn and Garden section.

"Aww, that's too bad... I was hoping for something a bit more fun" Even though we were talking on the phone I swear I heard her wink.

"Yeah well you can come down and scrub my house with me. I can't think of anything more fun than that." By that point I had picked out a weed wacker (only 20 bucks!) and was making my way to the check out.

"Tempting but I have a better idea, why don't you come to Madison tonight, Obsessively Neat Girl* is having a party tonight."

"Eh, I'd love to but I have to work at 9am tomorrow and I have a ton of stuff to get done around my house. Besides she has like a party at least once a month and then spends the whole time running around freaking out about water rings on the tables, half filled cups everywhere and cigarette butts in the yard until she gets too drunk to really care." It was a very tempting offer though to hang out with Lucky but I knew there was no way with the drive I would make it to work on time the next day.

"Sounds like you've been before than?" she laughed a little, I do believe she was teasing me.

"Yeah a few times, not really worth driving up to Madison and back in one night." I didn't want her to think I was over eager to see her or anything because I mean, we're just friends, right?

"Oh maybe I won't bother than." I couldn't tell if she was just trying to play it cool or really didn't care one way or another. "What are you going to do tonight than?"

"Just staying home, like I said I have a ton of things to get done around the house." My life is just too exciting, I know.

"Ok if you change your mind or anything let me know." I was trying to load all my hardware store goods into the car while trying to pay attention to her but I suck at multitasking and it had just started raining. Working with cellphones I know better than to talk on the phone while it's raining.

"yeah, sure, ok, I've gotta go, I'll talk to you later." I really hoped she didn't think I was trying to brush her off or anything, I just needed to get into the dryness that was my car.

3pm Friday afternoon saw me outside in the rain, scrubbing the outside of my trailer with the items I had bought fr the hardware store. Who needed a power washer? I was doing it just fine. Granted I was a mess to look at between getting rained on and the water that was splashing off the house and back on me, my eyes burned and worst of all, my shoes where squishy. There is nothing worse on your feet than wet, squishy shoes. It only took me a couple hours but I got it all done, by myself. It would have been easier with a second person but sometimes you don't have that option so you just do what you can. The trailer did look much better so the effort was worth it in the end. The light rain that was coming down prevented me from being able to use my new weed wacker because it's an electric plug in kind. I'd just have to get to it sometime this weekend after work.

I was feeling very grubby so after a quick shower I decided I was going to spend some quality time with my PS2 for the evening. Fate, it seems, had much different plans for me that night.

7:30pm Friday evening found me in my Pj's, wearing my kickass ADIDAS hat backwards, sitting in my livingroom, playing video games, while eating a bowl of Fruity Pebbles, with Eminem blasting on the stereo. I was having a total teenage boy moment, so of course it had to be Lucky stopping by, because my house was only 2 hours out of the way. A mutual friend had told her exactly how to get to the trailer. Correction, ex mutal friend because I am so gonna kill her for not even giving me a heads up. Had I knew it was her I would have at least switched the Eminem for something a bit less "white boi thug". After getting over the initial shock of seeing Lucky standing on my deck while I was in my Charlie Brown PJ bottoms, I invite her in.

Anyone who's been to my house knows I'm a bit um, unorganized, to say the least, a fucking slob to say the worst. Though I have been cleaning a lot of crap out, so stay tuned for info on how you can own alittle piece of Stokley, or rather some crap I don't want anymore. But I digress.

I felt extremely self conscious and vulnerable because she had caught me completely off guard. Later she kinda admitted that she did it intentionally, knowing it would throw me off. She told me we were going out and there was nothing I could do about it because she wouldn't take no for an answer. After the usual I have to work, I'm not dressed to go out and those type of excuses I got dressed. She told me she came to spend some time with me this weekend because next weekend she wouldn't be able to hang out for my birthday. We ended up going to this Sushi place for dinner, it was really nice. She wanted to go to the club I spent most my weekends at so off to the club we went. Of course most my friends were there. I was actually pretty well behaved because I knew I had to work at 9am the next day. Everyone had a good time, there was no drama and that was a beautiful thing. After the club closed we went to IHOP with Mando, Lollipop, Token, DeeBee, Shiner and Toby. Around 4:30am we ended up going over to Mando's house for an after party. By than the light rain from the afternoon had passed so Mando build a fire in the backyard. I knew if I feel asleep at that point i would never wake up for work. We all sat around, talked, joked, it was a really relaxing good time. Lucky was getting along great with my friends and no one brought up any terribly embarassing stories about me which I was incredibly grateful for because if anyone had embarassing stories about me it was these people.

I must have dozed off for a little bit because the sun was coming up when Lucky woke me up. At some point I had fallen asleep with my head on her shoulder. It was almost 8am, I had to get home, shower, change and get my ass to work. Mando told Lucky she could crash there until I got off work. She of course accepted, I don't think Lolli gave her a choice, Madison was way too far to drive without having any sleep.

Work was unbareably long and I almost fell asleep a few times. After work I ran home to change and then went over to Mandos where everyone either still was or had come back. They all were watching some lame movie so I crawled into Mando's bed to get some sleep. Lucky said she could go for a nap, she had only slept for about 2 hours, so we cuddled up and fell asleep until a very drunk Token and Lolli woke us up around 11pm. Then it was on again, this time we went to Milwaukee and tore it up. Lucky left from Milwaukee to go home, not without trying to get me to go with her but again I had to work the next day. We had to say our good byes, it kind of sucked. We had hung out for 32 hours at that point, except for the 8 I had to work. It was really good, there was no expectations or weirdness, we just went with what ever we were feeling for the moment. There wasn't any pressure or akwardness. We talked like we had known each other for years. I'm really glad we had the chance to get to know each other better this weekend because she's the type of personI know instantly we are gonna be good friends. And so far we are.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

At this point I am going to gracefully bow out as a part of your life. Move on with "Lucky" and do what you gotta do.

Peace.