Wednesday, August 02, 2006

How to Fix Your Computer

I had noticed a certain someone's computer wasn't working so I decided I would add a nice little guide on what I would do to fix it and include links to all the fun free software I use.

First you want to download some antivirus software and luckily one of the best is also free, I heart good, free software. Ok, you want to download AVG, download it and then run it.

Second after running the AVG and getting rid of any little nasties it might find, you want to download and run AdAware, I love adaware and have been a big fan of it for years. Adaware is really good at gettign rid of the crap the internet can load onto your computer. It's also really easy to use. I also like to run SpyBot: Search and Destroy. I can say with almost 100% certainty these three when use together will get rid of just about any bad mojo on your computer. And the best part is they are free, well known and tested. That means they aren't going to be loading any other crap on your computer.

I suggest you reboot your computer after running each because sometimes these sneaky little virus' and adware embed themselves in to the actual start up programing. I know all three of these programs will give you the chance to run at start up if they were unable to get everything the first time. Also I can't stress enough how important it is to update them, they all have a nice little Update button that makes it quite easy.

Now after cleaning your system, which will take awhile probably an hour or so. I suggest you get a good firewall to keep unauthorized programs from acessing the web and sending your data to others who might not use it for the most honorable reasons. A good one I use is Sygate, it is really easy to customize and control what info comes and goes from your computer.

I am only posting this because I want to spread a little more love and a little less hate, even though I am still not liking life to much right now and I'm coughing more today than I have in a while, so I guess that means so of that nastiness is starting to loosen up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you werent so fucking cute and sweet i'd be kicking your ass over that cigarette I read about above.. AND in defense of parents, some kids are straight up demon seeds that can not be controlled, try as you might.

AND thanks so much i"m gonna try this out now. AND i looked at my caller id today and saw your number AND that the ringer is off. Probably been off for days. I was starting to think that my phone was broken. I picked up the phone to call you back but I froze and got all nervous like. So i came here instead.

Thanks so much for this. Lemme go and try it now.