Sunday, August 13, 2006

Hot Girls, Bar Brawls and Shitty Roommates

I woke up this morning, er, afternoon actually, and had a few blissful moments before the night before flooded it's way into my pounding head. As a side note here, did you know that a moment really is a measurable unit of time? It's 90 seconds, seriously, I'm not making that up, I was just as floored when I found out. But I digress, as usual.

I decided when I realized I had less than 20 days left to say I was in my 20's I was gonna go out the same way I came into my 20's. And let me tell you, I came roaring into my 20's, I was a hellraiser. Now I failed to take into consideration I was almost 10 years younger than. It's amazing what dirty tricks time can play on a person. I learned a few things last night that I'll share with you. I can not handle 10 shots of tequila anymore, at least not one right after another, I found out my limit before having to praying to the porcelain God is 6. And that was before we even left the house. I think a sane, rational person at that point would have probably called it a night and stayed in, but I wasn't about to be rational last night because time was ticking, I was almost 30 and it was only 9:30pm! So i just went and brushed my teeth then my friends and I left for the fresh adventure that was awaiting us.

My cohorts last night where Mando (who I've been friends with for 10 years), her girlfriend, Lollipop (who I've known for about 2 years), and my gay boy, Token (who I've known for 8 years). Mando was driving and because Token is 6' 2" he rode infront while Lollipop and I rode in back. We got one of those big bottles of Schmirnof Ice and passed it between the two of us while Mando was yelling that we better not be drinking back there. And so we were off to Milwaukee because I had been ordered, not even asked, to appear at a bar up there to see a few friends that hadn't seen me in a couple weeks. We got there without any mishaps, I was feeling pleasantly buzzed and into the bar we went. I was immediately greeted with shouts of "STOKES!!!!!" and had a Norm moment. (Ok see I'm old, I just made a Cheers reference)After making the rounds and greeting all, we got down to drinking and life was good. It got even better when my friend, Irish, introduced me to her friend who I'll just call Yummy, because she was. She had that cute nerdy naughty girl look about her. Not like pocket protector nerdy but that cute you know she's smart and knows her own mind kinda vibe. She was wearing this cute plaid skirt with these fishnet stockings, YUMMY. I am the worlds biggest sucker for little alternative type girls. And she had the cutest beret type hat on, now most people couldn't pull that off but she did and it looked perfect on her. Now I have to disagree with everyone who said I was shamelessly flirting. I was not flirting, I was being nice, I can't help it if I'm charming.

Yummy and I spent quite a bit of time talking and playing pool. Before I knew it almost 2 hours had passed. I was in a right good mood and feeling no pain. Ok even though she is Yummy, I can't just call her Yummy all the time so how about I call her...Lucky, because the shirt she was wearing was white with Lucky written on it in glittery letters. Ok now that is settle I can continue on. Lucky and I played pool, I did a couple well spaced shots with friends and things were progressing nicely. Now for this next part to make any sense I'll have to rewind to what I was doing before my friends had shown up to take me out.

I was waiting, and anyone who knows me knows how much I hate waiting. I was waiting for my roommate who had blown me off for the last 8 days to come back and give me the rent money that she had supposedly ran to go get. She hadn't been home in 8 days and had been stringing me along all week when I would call her to find out what the fuck was going on. She finally returned briefly earlier in the night, around 6pm to get her tattoo gun and with the promise of returning quickly with the rent money she owed me. I waited for almost 3 hours, without any word before I left with my friends. I had tried calling her but of course her phone was off. To say I was a bit perturbed would be putting it lightly.

Now back to the moment at hand. I excused myself to use the restroom and please, gasp in surprise with me as who should I see as I am exiting the restroom? You got it, my wayward roommate. I know i probably should have dropped it for the night bevcause I had been drinking and was pretty well intoxicated by that time but that would have been the rational thing to do. I walked up to Shitty Roommate and loudly exclaimed, "Well looks like you have the money to go out, so where the fuck is the rent?"

I wish I had my camera with me at that moment because the look on her face was fuckign priceless. She serious had the deer in headlights look down pat. Seeing me there was the last thing she expected. Some older lady who was with her came over to me and was like, hey no need for this now, we're all just trying to have a good time and we're drunk. I quickly brushed her off and turned back to Shitty Rommate. "Looks like you have no problem getting up here to Milwaukee but funny how you couldn't even run back home first to drop off the rent you promised and owe, which is 12 days late by the way." She started makign excuse, the people she was with didnt' want to come back to drop it off, everyone's phone was dead so she couldn't call and blah blah blah. I quickly cut her off and called bullshit. I told her she was a fucking liar and a couple other things, which I guess in retrospect I probably shouldn't have. But in my defense she was totally dodging me so I had no clue when I would get the chance to confront her about it all. Her older friend came over again and tried to get me to shut up because I was being a bit loud by that point. Instead of just apologizing and telling me when she would have the rent or at least give me some of the money right then, Shitty Rooomate just kept giving me excuses so that just pissed me off even more. Now I have a temper, a very bad temper, but 98% of the time I can keep it in check but I had that look on my face that Mando recognized immediately. She rushed over and tried to drag me away. Older woman was trying to calm me down, saying I could call her and work things out with her, to which I replied I had no fucking clue who she was and Shitty Roommate was old enough to handle her own affairs. All she did was just piss me off even more. Mando turned to her and told her she better shut the fuck up because I was about to explode. Shitty Roommate was just standing there still giving me weak ass excuses, she had been takign care of a friends sick girlfriend all week and her phone had been dead so she couldn't call me and let me know what was going on. I was thisclose to just punching her to shut her the fuck up, because I was so pissed that she honestly thought I was that stupid. I was going to punch her.

I then felt a hand on my arm and turned around and saw Lucky standing there, "Let's just leave it, come on, we'll go somewhere else." Mando was still infront of me and trying to get me to back up. "Fine, alright. No worries." I shouted over to Shitty Roommate who had back up a bit, "You better either have the rent tomorrow or all your shit is on the porch on Sunday and the locks will be changed." I flashed her my most insincere smile at Shitty Roommate and allowed myself to be dragged out of the bar.

Standing in the parking lot I looked at Lucky and felt like the worlds biggest jackass. "I'm so sorry about all that, I'm not normally like that I swear." She gave me this look, like she was sizing me up and trying to tell if I was lying or not. At least that's how it looked to me. She then did the last thing I expected.

I was leaning up against Lollipop's car. She came closer to me and ran her hand down my cheek and gave me this smile. "You better not be." Then she leaned in and kissed me. It wasn't like some drunken sloppy kiss either. It was really gentle and sweet. Not at all what I was use to from a girl I had just met earlier at the bar. You know those drunken, groping, make out sessions that usually result from drinking and flirting with someone you just met that night at the bar. This was completely opposite of that.

Mando, Token and Lollipop were all in the car and wanting to go. Mando yelled out the window that they were going to this other club a few blocks away, before I could respond Lucky told them she would take me. She gave me this cute little smirk and asked if that was ok with me, knowing full well what the answer was already. Mando being the good friend she is was waiting for me to confirm this before leaving, or maybe they were just waiting for me to stop leaning against Lolli's car so they could leave. Either way I nodded to Mando, I was cool and allowed Lucky to lead me to her car. We talked on the way over there about music because she was playing this really cool Ibiza Mix CD I recognized because I have the same one.

The other club was packed. Lucky and I walked around looking for Mando and them for a little bit before just saying screw it and grabbed a drink. It was hard to talk because the music was so loud. A really good tune came on so she dragged me out onto the dancefloor where I pretended to know how to dance, but to be honest I think part of the reason I started DJing was so I wouldn't have to dance. Yes, it's true there are a few things that even I am not good at but my great hair makes up for it. Lucky on the other hand was a great dancer, she completely just flowed with the music. We danced for a few songs and then Mando, Token and Lolli found us. We all went to have a drink together at the back lounge for last call. The mood was light and it felt like all the drama with Shitty Roommate never happened. Before I knew it we were getting pushed out the door because the club was closing.

I walked Lucky to her car and said good bye. She gave me another kiss and told me to call her the next day. I smiled and made some smart ass comment about being to busy chucking the roommates shit out the door. She gave a little laugh and pulled me in for another kiss. "Just make sure your phone is charged." By that time Lolli had pulled her car up to us, so with one last kiss and smile she got in her car and drove away. It wasn't until I had gotten in the car with Mando and them that they started teasing me. The first thing Token asked was why I hadn't try to take her home. To be honest the thought hadn't even crossed my mind, she just didn't seem the type for a seedy one night hook up. She seemed different somehow, more classy than that. With a smile on my face I passed out all the way home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY for YOU!!! I hope this is what your friend meant when she said you could do "better". I hope something actually comes outta this for you, because lord knows 30 is a hard old age and it could be difficult to go it alone.

Good like with K and Lucky and everything else :)