Saturday, August 05, 2006

Day 5 because I missed day 4

Yesterday by far had to be the hardest day yet. No fooling, I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital because I couldn't freaking breath. I woke up around 7am, hacking and I couldn't stop until 8:30am. I seriously thought I was gonna pass out, I tried to go back to sleep because I was still really tired, but everytime I laid down I would start coughing and i couldn't breath again. So i finally went into the livingroom and sat in chair that reclines a bit to where I continued to wake up, cough for awhile, fall back asleep, wake up, cough some more, fall back asleep. I did that all day, I think I was awake the longest for maybe two hours straight until around 8:30pm when I went to Walgreens to see if there was anything I could get to get this hacking, yucky cough to go away. Or you know, at least breath a little.

I know this is just my bodies way of getting rid of all the crap that I have allowed in my lungs from years of smoking but fuck me. I swear the getting healthier part is worse than when I was smoking. I keep telling myself, this will pass, but in the mean time, it sucks! I have zero energy, I've only been awake today since about 9:30am and already I'm thinking about taking a nap! I freaking nap. I know I'm getting old but come on this is ridiculous. At least I can breath today, I found these awesome pills at Walgreens and they are really helping, so thats a plus. As soon as this hacking my lungs up all day phase passes I'm going to start going to the gym. Everything I have read about quitting smoking recommends working out regularly so thats what I am going to do. Besides I'm scared that I'm gonna gain weight if I don't work out and I definately don't want that.

This is hard stuff.

No comments: