Thursday, August 03, 2006

Day 3 part 1 Too Early

Ok see what happens when you go to bed to early? You wake up way way way to early. I've gotten more done this morning before 7am then I have for all of last week. I really want a cigarette but I think that might be due to the fact my patch is wearing off but I have a couple more hours until I change it. I was up at 6am, so I took a shower and everything smelled stale and nasty so I started major laundry, like EVERYTHING. I started with the bedding and while that was in the washer I started cleaning out my room. Bye bye ashtrays, I won't miss knocking you over after coming home from the bar. Bye bye stale smoke smell, I won't miss you on those rare occassions my nose isn't stuffed up and I can smell. Bye bye ashes all over, I won't miss breathing you in. Bye bye lighters, hmm, on second thought, I'll keep the lighters, they come in handy when I light candles.

So it's been a couple hours now. In that time I have; run to the grocery store, went to Walgreens to return the fan I bought on Monday that stopped working last night, did another load of laundry and sorted out a lot more for after work, woke up my roommate and explained how she was slacking on her side of the deal. (Sidebar here, when my roommate moved in we had decided that instead of paying half of everything which she can't afford she would pay $200 rent plus half the electric/gas bill and half the water bill, I would cover the rest. In addition she was to clean the house, not just pick it up, but to really clean the house, dusting, mopping, dishes, you know the whole thing. Which she hasn't been in months, so I woke her up at 9:00 am to discuss it.) So we talked about the fact that I have been paying not only for most of everything because she has never gotten her rent to me before the last week of the month is was due but that she's never bought her own shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, tampons, nothing. I buy the cleaning supplies, napkins, paper towels, paper plates, most of the groceries, you get the idea. She couldn't argue because really what could she say? So I told her, you need to keep up your side of the deal and if you can't than you need to find another place to live.

Then after spreading that little ray of sunshine I took another shower because I had gotten all glisteny cleaning and stuff. I got dressed and came to work. Where I am now finishing this post because today at work has been yet another day of being short staffed, crabby customers and no lunch. But today is my Friday so thats good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today IS friday