Friday, July 21, 2006

Why I go to the Bar

Now, I'm just gonna have a completely random little post here just because I feel the need to defend myself a little bit. I do not go to the bar to get drunk, I do not go to the bar to pick up chicks (anymore), I do not go to the bar because I have nothing else to do with my life. I go because my friends are there, because they never really want to do anything else and if there was some place else to go and hang out with them, I would gladly do so. I'm getting tired of the bar/club scene.

I'm almost 30, it's time to grow up. I really just want to have a family and all that cool grown up stuff. I want to have other people to worry about, think about, share things with. I have that with my friends, a lot of them I've been friends with for at least 10 years, we have been through a lot together, we have made each other our family. But I want my own family, I want someone to come home to after work. I want someone to share those little alone at home moments with. Someone who will come in here and make me get rid of most my tacky, childish knick knacks and give this place a feeling of home and not the current college dormroom look it has. I want someone to gently remind me to pick up my socks and then not so gently remind me again when I forget. I want someone to fall asleep holding and wake up next to, someone to give me a reason to decorate for the holidays. I want a partner and I know better to think I am going to find one at some little gay bar in the sticks. It's just because this is the sticks, there isn't much else to do.

I can't help that my friends are at the bar, I hate the fact that it's all they want to do. I also DJ so that's kind of a club centric kinda thing. Also I don't drunk drive, I actually have only a few times and those times I am so completely grateful I didn't hurt anyone and so utterly disappointed in myself for doing so.

I'm not getting any younger and I think a quiet night at home actually sounds nice, I would love to be all domestic and settled. To not have to worry about meeting someone because that someone is already there with me, cuddling on the couch as we watch some chick flick I'm only watching because she wants to. Sounds perfect to me.

No comments: