Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Dreams

Peacefully asleep is where i should be right now, but alas that is not to be. I was fitfully dleeping aobut an hour ago but I was jolted out of my restless slumber by the weirdest dream. I was walking down this stone road, Lucky was walking on the right side of me and The Woman (who is sadly not my woman)was walking on my left side. They were talking to each other about me, like I wasn't there. The Woman was telling Lucky how she had me whipped and Lucky was telling her not to be so sure. Then The Woman told Lucky that I would never love her like I love her and Lucky said, "Every love is different" I tried to get their attention, first protesting to be whipped but they ignored me completely. The Woman then told Lucky "You will never be able to give her what she already had with me." Lucky then said that was a good thing. They gave each other the fakest smile.

The sky was grey and overcast. I could smell that earthwormy smell it gets sometimes after it rains for the first time in a long time and all the earthworms come up out of the ground. There were some trees along the road we were walking that had lost all their leaves. Lucky was telling The Woman that she really hurt me by shutting me out. I tried to say no, I wasn't hurt, I kind of understood but again I went unnoticed. The Woman replied that she never asked me to care and it would be easier if I didn't, that she was shutting me out for a reason but I refused to take the hint. Lucky then said I was a good chess player and that the Greeks had it right. (Ok I have no idea it was really random). The Woman went on to say she had moved on and it was really tiring that I hadn't. At this point I don't know if Lucky was talking pure nonsense or being overtly cryptic but she replied, "Once the bubble bursts there is no way to have the same bubble ever again." The Woman then looked right at me but like she was looking through me and told Lucky she didn't want me and never would. Then Lucky looked right at me and said "We're here"

We had stopped at the edge of a small pond. They both then looked at me, but didn't say anything to me. Lucky gave me a sad little smile and then sqeezed my hand. The Woman kissed me and then pushed me into the pond. I woke up as I felt the coldness of the water hit me.

I know they had said some other stuff to each other but I couldn't remember exactly what all it was but it felt like they were arguing but in the way that people do with out being obvious about it. Like when two people who really don't like each other try to be civil but you can still feel it. Blah I need some head space that isn't filled with woman, or woman problems.

No comments: