Monday, November 27, 2006

School Daze

Here I go, after months of talking, debating, procrastinating, I start classes this Wednesday. It's funny how it all came about. As much as I talked about it, I never really did more than entertain the idea, then a friend of mine who's an admissions adviser at Kaplan called me. We talked and within a week I was enrolled, financed and a college student. People knock online schools but the truth of the matter is that they are the wave of the future. I'm getting my Bachelors of Science in Information Systems for networking with a minor in marketing, which is going to give me the needed skills and paper for the position I have been wanting since I started at my company. I want to be the person who looks at emerging trends in telecommunications and implements them for our customers. Or to put it another way, I want to pick out the phones we put into testing.

I have four long years ahead of my but as Lucky and I discussed this past weekend, it's gonna be so worth it when it's over. The job I want is in Madison so that ties in nicely with our 5 year plan. We spent a lot of the weekend cleaning out the house and I have a fresh start, it feels great. Things are finally falling into place, so much so that I'm almost afraid to post this because I don't want to jinx it.

No comments: